11.17.2014

5 Favorite Snacks

Snacks. They make me sooooo happy. I'm a pretty healthy eater as I've mentioned here before, so when I cut out boxed/processed foods I was kind of like "well what the heck do I eat now?" I remember 2 years ago, I wouldn't eat any fruit, any vegetables, nothing like that. It freaks me out to think I lived off of chips and crackers. Not that those are bad, but when its all I ate lets face it its not healthy.

So after a little while of slowly adding fruit and veggies into my diet, now thats basically what I crave which is really funny. Being a vegan also, I have to make sure I get enough protein into my diet, so these fit perfectly well! 


A match made in heaven. Apples and almond butter. Sometimes I only feel like a nice crisp apple with some cinnamon, but when I'm feeling extra hungry and wanting something crunchy/nutty, adding some of this almond butter is delicious. If I don't use the almond butter, sometimes I'll just eat straight raw almonds and thats also good. 


Mmmmmmm my home-made granola. It's sooooo good. Pecans, almonds, seeds, raisins, cinnamon, coconutty goodness. I eat this with fruit, nut butters, or just plain by itself. And this is filled with so many nutrients and protein so its perfect. 


When I'm wanting something a little sweeter, I'll reach for my dried apricots. These have a different kind of taste, but to me they are divine. Pairing them with the cacao nibs and shredded coconut is the perfect snack of sweet, crunchy, and even a little tangy haha! And the apricots are a good source for me to get iron. The middle picture is goji berries, which taste like a raisin, only a little more bitter. It takes getting used to but they taste delicious alone, with fruit, in smoothies, ontop of granola..really its endless!


Something you might not know about me: I absoutely LOVE bananas. But they have to be ripe. Like actually ripe, with brown spots and stripes. I love making fruit salads with them, but I almost always pair my banana with peanut butter. If you haven't tried this, you're really missing out. You can even add some chocolate chips or raisins to shake up the taste a little haha!


Look at how pretty! Just plain old fruit. I love love love it. I could live on fruit, and on some days I practically have. These are some of my favorites, strawberries and any berries in general, especially blueberries make me so happy. But I cant say I have a favorite fruit. I love em all ;) This pineapple I ate after taking these pictures and lemme tell you it hit the spot. 

So these are some of the things I reach for on the daily, but by no means is this all I snack on. I love to create different protein bites, healthy "cookies" and stuff like that. I thought this would be fun to share with you guys :) What are some of your favorite snacks?

Maddie

No comments:

Post a Comment