5.24.2014

Sunny Saturday Morning















Today I went to my first yoga class in a really long time, probably since I was 10 or 11, so six or seven years ago. It was actually really amazing, and such a relaxing thing for me to do. After a lot of emotional things going on, I think I really needed a class like this. It wasn't just an easy yoga class either. I actually got pretty hot and sweaty doing some of the moves! Which is good, because I like a challenging yoga sequence. 

The yoga instructor talked about overcoming obstacles and releasing fear through our breath. Just breathing through all of these different challenging stretches really helps to remove blockages throughout the body, if you know what I mean. I really liked one part of the class, where we were all in child's pose, and it looked like we were bowing or surrendering ourselves in front of the teacher. She said that surrender doesn't mean to give up, but to let go of something. And that really stayed with me. I think it taught me that even if we "give up" something it doesn't always mean we're throwing in the towel. It just means we know enough was we need and what we don't need, and that it's okay to let go. 

The teacher said some really great things throughout the class, but I just wanted to share some of what she said with you. Maybe it will help one of you, or maybe it was just a quick little story to read :-) 





Have a beautiful weekend!!! 

xx, Maddie 

No comments:

Post a Comment