10.03.2014

Fall Lips






I rode my bike down to the drugstore down on my corner attempting to find a new foundation because I can't believe I'm saying this but I don't know if I'm that happy with my L'Oreal true match anymore! I never thought I would say that, especially since it's such a popular foundation in the beauty world, but it hasn't been sitting on my skin the same way it used to. It looks like the color turned or oxidized more pink, and instead of leaving a dewy skin like finish, now it kind of clings to my dry spots and doesn't blend evenly. I'm really upset because I switched my Chanel foundation for this one! But I guess it's time for me to move on to a different brand. Which brings me to you guys. HELP! What are your favorite or holy grail drugstore foundations?? I can't tell you how frustrated I got walking back and forth between the wall of makeup confused on what to do. Some were wayy to pink, others too white. It was a disaster. So please tell me your ideas on what I could use! I almost tried the L'Oreal true match lumi, but they didn't have a close enough color so I just walked away. 

ANYWAYS. Since the whole foundation thing took a wrong turn, i decided to treat myself in other ways haha! ;) I was attracted to the lip products this time, picking up a nude matte balm called Complex from Revlon, a squint-your-eyes-its-so-bright red lip lacquer called Big Bang from Rimmel and a deep berry lipstick from the Kate Moss for Rimmel collection in the shade 09. All different shades of Fall I know, but that shows you how indecisive i am when it comes to picking out makeup products haha. Usually when I walk in I plan on getting makeup of the same color family or that I can wear together, but my brain was racing when I was looking at all the different combinations of the new autumnal products...really i have a problem is what i'm trying to say. 

I'm already wearing the revlon matte balm as I'm writing this, and I have to say it's quite nice. It's smooth, and definitely not drying which is good being its a matte product. And I love the shade, it's a nice nude for my skin tone at the moment. 

This is kind of a rambly post and I apologize for that, haha! I hope everyone had a good week, I'm definitely excited it's friday because now I'm on my fall break, which means no school for a week! Oh yea :) And my mom let me stay home today too, so I'm pumped ;)

Happy weekend!

Maddie

No comments:

Post a Comment